Well I am not doing too great with keeping up with this, am I? Alas. I may have to abandon this 'describing beforehand' idea and just talk about the places as I go to them. Or something. The big thing that has happened since I last wrote is that I now know where I'll be from July 1-10; for the first five days I'll be in Oxford with my friend Sam, and for the second five days we will both be flying back to Italy and staying with a former professor of ours in the little town of Narni. This is the same prof with whom I went to Rome last time, in 2007. I think it was that year. It all blurs together, that must mean I am getting old. (This will be the third time I am in England, and the second time I have been to Oxford! I can't even believe it. When I think about how much I dreamed about traveling when I was little and how I used to cut pictures out of travel guides of the places I wanted to go--do you remember that, Mom? It makes me feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world.) Anyway, I am relieved to have a plan and I think it will be really cool to stay in Narni since it is a hill-town (the older medieval town is built on the top of a hill, with the modern town below, connected by a causeway of some kind) but also it's close enough to Rome that you can take the train in for the day. I think it's about an hour commute. Samantha has never been to Rome so I am really excited to show her around since she is probably the one of my friends who is most into the same kind of history as I am (= Rome and Romans, haha).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


HI Becky- Iam so inept on the computer-alas, this is definitely not my domain. Anyways, I just finished reading more about your trip. Josiah is in bed already so tomorrow I am going to get him to read it. I'm quite sure he will especially enjoy the parts about the war. Thankyou for doing this Becky- I am really enjoying it. I do remember some things you made when you were younger- one thing I remember well was that green? binder thar you decorated with pictures from England I think. I remember you having castles on it and I remember you even had a strip of pictures on the spine ( is that what you call it)? Anyways, keep writing! Ilove you lots-Mom
ReplyDelete