Sunday, June 14, 2009

Amsterdam!



Hi!  Here I am in Amsterdam!  on a bridge over one of the canals.  I got here yesterday afternoon.  Didn't do too much last night since I was pretty tired (and Alice too, since she had arrived just a few hours before me) but today we did quite a bit of stuff.  I don't have time to write too much today but here are a few pictures:

This picture is mostly for Travis...we came across a rather strange boulevard with flowers growing in it and dozens and dozens of metal lizards.  SO STRANGE.  Also, a little (non-metal) bird is apparently visiting with the lizards.  

This is looking across one of the canals at the houses.  

And me in front of Anne Frank's house!  even though you can't actually read the plaque in this shot.  That was definitely my favorite part of the day.  The house itself is preserved and they have sort of built a little museum about her and her family into it.  It was amazing!!  I loved it.  You can go through a hidden door into the secret annex (where she and her family hid) and everything!  

I got some postcards there too and some stamps from the hostel so I am going to try to get a head start on postcards right away...

OK all for now, will try to write more soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment