Thursday, February 11, 2010

So for those of you just joining the show, I should explain that this particular blog started up as a way for me to keep in touch with people (mostly my mom and little brother, let's be honest) while I was in Europe this summer. This fact may help to explain the first 15 or so posts, ahaha. And when I decided to start blogging again in general it seemed easier to pick this one back up than to start all over again.

Today was tutorial day. Once a week I teach two tutorials for a second-year class on Greek and Roman mythology. This, dear readers, is a topic that I really don't know a whole lot about. I mean, I know as much as the average person, probably a little more, purely due to osmosis. But I am in no way shape or form anything approximating an expert in the field, so basically I spend an entire morning every week trying to play catch-up so that my large gaps of ignorance shall not be revealed come tutorial time. This week was the Hymn to Demeter, one of the Homeric Hymns (which JUST FOR FUN are not in fact by Homer).

....so, it is now a week exactly since I wrote the above. This is not setting a good trend for my general diligence in attending to this blog, is it. I am presently sick as a dog and dreaming lovingly of the days when I would just dope myself up with dubious and ill-thought-out cocktails of Sudafed and Advil Cold and Sinus and whatever other decongestants/painkillers happened to be sitting around the house. (I remember one day in particular when I went into work at Tims in Saskatoon in the midst of a raging cold and took so many medications immediately pre-shift that I rendered myself high as a kite. In particular I remember making an ice-cap at the ice-cap machine and thinking very clearly that I had better go sit down in the back because I was feeling VERY ODD INDEED.) Anyway, those happy golden days are behind me as I struggle by on plain old Tylenol and the occasional throat lozenge. So it goes.

K, I am going to post this before I forget again. Kudos to you if you have made it this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment